Monday, June 11, 2012

Beauty, the Korean Way



Okay, I'm not Korean, I know, I know. Even my blog says "ABC Asian" which by the way doesn't really flow if you break up the acronym and put Asian at the end. That's like when Americans make the cliche remark "oh you're chinese? haha I thought you were Asian". I put American Born Chinese Asian, as if 'Chinese' wasn't enough to hint 'Asian' haha!

AHH I went off topic!!!!

Well let's talk Korean beauty.

I'm not Korean as I said, but I think I've gathered enough knowledge through dramas and youtube videos to muster up the slightest bit of information that may be of use to you.

I'll list their beauty standards when it comes to hair, makeup, and fashion.

1.) Natural Makeup
You can't go wrong with a natural, No-makeup face. But even a little coverage and you can still win praises from Koreans. Let's use Yoona for example, little makeup as her everyday makeup routine makes her likeable, because people know that she doesn't have to hide behind thick pounds of makeup, as some people do.

2.) Natural Lip Color


GURL if you want to do makeup like a Korean you better ditch the bright pink nicki minaj lips and dark red madonna lips. A natural color close to your own lip color is the way to go. Even a little bit of gloss, NO GLOBS, can really help those lips stand out!

3.) Straight Innocent Eyebrows


Many may not know how important eyebrows are in framing the face and pulling together a look. When people see your new awesome eyebrows they won't be able to put their finger on the change you made to your appearance. Koreans like natural thick eyebrows that are straight. They give an innocent appeal which Koreans looooooveee.

O no, this is not the way to do it. Her eyebrows remind me of the arch in st. Louis :P

4.) Bright Whitened Skin

Light, dewey skin with a nice glow is always a sign of healthiness in the Korean culture. Tanning is a MAJOR NO-NO.



If you look like this you best be working back towards that white skin fast cause it's gonna take a longgggggggggggg time. Or you could just take the easier route and hide yourself in a hole or in the corner of a room with a blanket over yourself. I think that would do everybody's eyes some justice ;)


5.) Long Luscious Hair

There Are Some Popular Long Hairstyles Suitable For Round Faces

You can't really go wrong with long hair. Many korean boys and men comment on how they want their ideal type to have long hair. I guess it's because it gives a more feminine appeal. I still think Short hair is gorgeous and edgy though and many still like it!



6.) The Famous Korean Bun













Koreans LOVE the bun. It's the most natural TO-GO hairstyle a girl can pull off. Messy or tight, it can give a fun or sophisticated aura. I think Sandara from 2NE1 (above) pulls off this bun the best. I LoVe YoU SANDARA!

7.) Everyday Korean Fashion



Koreans like all sorts of styles from what I've seen. The long teeshirt with hidden shorts and a messy bun seems to be a style people sport in the streets while running errands or shopping. I love the hats that they wear with long wavy hair, very chic! Also a dress that has a shirt with a high waisted floral skirt seems to be in fashion (see below). Oh and all of the fashion must be neutral colors. Loud colors can bring too much attention and destroy the natural and innocent feel they were aiming for. You are ready for the airport paparazzi GIRLS!






















No comments:

Post a Comment